Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna
Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna Zaloguj Rejestracja FAQ Szukaj

Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna » Koncerty » but thanks to PEDs and the sheer back-log
Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat 
but thanks to PEDs and the sheer back-log
PostWysłany: Sob Lis 23, 2019 06:08 Odpowiedz z cytatem
ruogu1234
Sufler
Sufler

MONTREAL -- Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard says she had no problem with a controversial question she fielded at last months Australian Open, moments after the biggest win of her career. The 19-year-old from Westmount, Que., had just become the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in 30 years when she was asked by an on-court female interviewer who she would like to date, if she could choose anyone in the world. Many observers quickly deemed the question sexist, with some asking whether a similar query would ever be put to a male athlete. The exchange attracted even more attention because Bouchard, apparently caught off guard by the question, blurted out an unexpected response on live TV: "Um, Justin Bieber?" Her reference to the Canadian pop star seemed to be tongue-in-cheek. Bouchard, who will represent Canada at this weekends Federation Cup in Montreal, said Wednesday she thought the question was all in good fun and she was happy to play along. "I think it was a fine question, you know, I think its entertainment for the fans," Bouchard said when asked at a Fed Cup news conference if she thought the Australian Open question was sexist. "It was actually a fan question, so at the end of the day, its for the fans and, if thats what theyre curious about, well thats fine by me." The No. 19-ranked Bouchard said she might like to know more herself about who, for example, a certain soccer player would want to date. Sometimes, she added, it can be fun to handle questions about something other than tennis because the answers might interest a broader audience. When asked if she thought a male athlete might receive a similar question, Bouchard didnt directly respond, saying the fact shes a younger player might explain why she got such a query. "You know, they wouldnt ask Roger Federer that question -- obviously, hes married and has kids," she said, referring to the 32-year-old Swiss tennis legend. "But I dont know, maybe, I think they should (ask) other single tennis players. Why not?" The question came after Bouchard, who was the 30th seed at the Australian Open, completed a stunning 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 upset of former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic. The victory made her the first Canadian to reach the semis at a Grand Slam since Carling Bassett-Seguso at the 1984 U.S. Open. Bouchards impressive run in Melbourne came to an end a couple of days later when she lost 6-2, 6-4 to fourth-seeded Li Na of China in the semifinal. But her accomplishments caught the attention of tennis fans in Canada and abroad, including a group of a dozen or so raucous Aussies who became her unofficial cheering section at every match. The group, which dubbed itself the "Genie Army," wore T-shirts that spelled her name, belted out cheers composed just for her and tossed stuffed animals to her on the court following each of her appearances. Bouchard was asked Wednesday about how much things have changed since her emergence at the Australian Open, where some commentators called her next big thing in womens tennis and a potential future Grand Slam tournament champion. "For sure theres been more attention and I think it comes with the job," said Bouchard, who added that more people now recognize her on the street. "It just shows, you know, if you have success on court, youll get attention off the court. But my first priority is tennis and I focus on that and make sure I get everything I need to do done. "And then if theres other attention off the court, well, thats a good thing." Mike Lum Braves Jersey . The NFL says Wednesday that the game between the Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Lions at Wembley on Oct. 26 will start at 1:30 p. Warren Spahn Jersey . Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process. https://www.cheapbraves.com/743o-gene-garber-jersey-braves.html . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Josh Donaldson Braves Jersey . Bostons bats exploded in Mondays opener, as David Ortiz belted a pair of two-run homers, Stephen Drew homered and drove in four runs and the Red Sox pummeled the Blue Jays, 14-1. Andy Messersmith Braves Jersey .com) - The Memphis Grizzlies signed guard Seth Curry on Tuesday.When the word finally came out that Japanese star pitcher Masahiro Tanaka was being posted, I was convinced he would sign with the Texas Rangers or New York Yankees, with the LA Dodgers and Boston Red Sox being outside possibilities. Now if I had to make a wager, Id say the Seattle Mariners or Arizona Diamondbacks. Over the weekend, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports suggested the Diamondbacks might be willing to trade their former closer J.J. Putz to the Yankees for Ichiro Suzuki. Why, I wondered, would the Dbacks want a 40-year-old future Hall of Famer in the twilight of a great career? Then it hit me! What better way to convince Tanaka to sign with them than to offer him the chance to play with the greatest Japanese player of all time. But if its not just the money, Seattle is probably an even better choice for Tanaka. The Mariners have already shown a willingness to spend by luring free agent Robinson Cano away from the bright lights of New York and they already employ one of Tanakas best friends in baseball. Hisashi Iwakuma has quietly emerged as a star in Seattle the last two seasons. I say quietly because hell always be pitching in the shadow of "King Felix" Hernandez. In two years, though, hes put together a 23-11 record with a 2.84 ERA and 286 strikeouts. He made the American League all-star team last season but couldnt pitch in the mid-summer classic since he had made a start for Seattle on the Sunday, just before the Tuesday night game. He also finished third in Cy Young voting in the American League behind the Tigers Max Scherzer and the Rangers Yu Darvish. Tanaka and Iwakuma were teammates with the Rakuten Golden Eagles in Japan from 2007 through 2011 and are reportedly good friends. Though Iwakuma put together a 107-69 record with a 2.75 ERA in Japan, he went through his share of adversities. In 2006, pitching motion rules were put into effect that forced Iwakuma to alter his delivery. In past, Japanese hurlers had been allowed to momentarily stop in mid-delivery before throwing to the plate. This was designed to throw off a hitters timing but now would simply be ruled a balk. Iwakuma changed, but altering his delivery led to shoulder problems and then elbow surgery that would cost him the bulk of two seasons. Iwakuma bounced back, though, and won the ERA title in 2008 as well as the Eiji Sawamura Award; the Major League equivalent of the Cy Young.dddddddddddd Even Iwakumas move to the Majors didnt go smoothly. Oakland won the bidding rights for him prior to the 2011 season. The sides couldnt come to terms on a contract, though, and Iwakuma wound up spending one more year in Japan before finally earning free agency at age 30 and signing with Seattle. Iwakuma will be 33 years old in April and would seem to be the perfect one to show Tanaka the ropes in the Majors. The only complication might be Iwakumas contract. He will be make $6.5 million with the Ms in 2014 and has a club option for $7 million in 2015. Tanaka could get close to twice that amount per season. That could be difficult for the Mariners to rationalize and explain to Iwakuma, whos already given them two very good seasons. Still, Ive got a feeling Seattle will find a way to get this done. The Tanaka negotiations must be completed by January 24 at 5:00 PM. Darvish took until the day before this deadline to sign with Texas. With spring training rapidly approaching, I can see this one getting done in the next week to ten days. Once Tanaka has a new home, it will only serve to intensify the bidding for free agents Ubaldo Jimenez, Ervin Santana, Matt Garza and maybe even Bronson Arroyo. The Class of 2014 inductees for the Baseball Hall of Fame will be announced on Wednesday at 2:00 PM. Im sticking with the same three selections I talked about months ago; Braves pitching legends Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine and White Sox two-time MVP, Frank Thomas. I counted at least 10 other worthy Hall of Famers on this ballot, but thanks to PEDs and the sheer back-log of quality candidates, Im convinced only the aforementioned three will get in. As for Jack Morris, whos on the ballot for the 15th and final time, I dont care what his career ERA was; any man who was the staff ace on three World Series winners (84 Tigers, 91 Twins, 92 Blue Jays) belongs in the Hall of Fame - end of story. Check out Morriss numbers in 1992 with the Blue Jays at age 37. 240.2 innings pitched, 21-6 record, 4.04 ERA, six complete games and one shutout. Remember, the Blue Jays had Tom Henke and Duane Ward as the 1-2 punch in the pen. The onus wasnt on Morris to pitch that many innings or that many complete games. He just did, he was that good. ' ' '
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość

Wysłany: Sob Lis 23, 2019 06:08
Reklama

Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu