Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna
Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna Zaloguj Rejestracja FAQ Szukaj

Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna » Przywitalnia » played in the field twice previously this year
Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat 
played in the field twice previously this year
PostWysłany: Sro Lis 20, 2019 04:39 Odpowiedz z cytatem
ruogu1234
Sufler
Sufler

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Toronto Blue Jays opted to give veteran R.A. Dickey some extra rest after a groin injury knocked him out of his last start. The Cincinnati Reds usually cant get Johnny Cueto back out on the mound fast enough. The two six-game winners go head-to-head on Sunday afternoon in the finale of a three-game series at Cincinnatis Great American Ball Park. Dickey was previously in action last Saturday in Baltimore, exiting after 6 2/3 frames due to injury and taking a loss despite giving up just two earned runs. He was in line to start the opener of this set on Friday, but will now go on an extra three days of rest. The 39-year-old righty had a four-start unbeaten streak (2-0) snapped with the loss to the Orioles and is 6-5 on the year with a 4.08 earned run average. Dickey is 1-1 with a 4.82 ERA in three previous meetings with the Reds. Cueto, meanwhile, is 6-5 with a 1.92 ERA on the year and logged six scoreless innings with 12 strikeouts to beat the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 11. He then took on the rival Pittsburgh Pirates Tuesday and did not factor into a 6-5 win despite giving up just two runs over six frames. The righty, though, did struggle by allowing seven hits and four walks while notching just two strikeouts. Still, Cueto sits at 6-5 with a 1.92 ERA on the year. Cueto, 28, beat Toronto on June 25, 2009 the only other time he faced the club, but did give up five runs over six frames of work. The Reds blew an early 8-0 lead in losing Fridays opener, but did not make the same mistake last night en route to an 11-1 triumph that evened the series. Each of the Reds first seven hitters contributed an RBI, with Jay Bruce and Devin Mesoraco homering to help Cincinnati snap a two-game skid and win for the seventh time in 10 games. Mike Leake allowed one run on four hits with six strikeouts over eight solid innings to get the win. "What (Leake) did today by staying in the game for eight innings and giving us a chance to win the game, was save our bullpen," said Reds manager Bryan Price. "It was hopefully something that will pay dividends (Sunday)." J.A. Happ was roughed up for eight runs -- seven earned -- over four innings of work for the Blue Jays, who have lost four of their last five and fell to 3-6 on a 10-game road trip. Like Dickey on Friday, the Blue Jays will give shortstop Jose Reyes some precautionary rest today after he fouled a ball off his leg in the fifth inning of Saturdays loss. Reyes came out of the game and is day-to-day. "I have to ice it like three more times tonight and see how it feels tomorrow," Reyes said on Torontos official website. "Right now its a little bit sore, but its not a big deal. "(Manager John Gibbons) went to my locker and said he was going to give me the day off. Its OK, Ill take that and see what happens." Toronto is 9-5 versus Cincinnati dating back to the 2003 campaign. Nike NBA Jerseys 2020 .com) - Jahlil Okafor erupted for 25 points and 20 rebounds as No. Authentic MLB Jerseys .C. - Nick Merkley and Damon Severson each had a goal and two assists as the Kelowna Rockets downed the visiting Seattle Thunderbirds 6-3 on Saturday in Western Hockey League playoff action. https://www.cheapmlbjerseysjustwholesale.com/jordan-roland-jersey.html .com) - The Eastern Conferences best team takes on one of its worst Tuesday night when the Atlanta Hawks pay a visit to the Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers. Adidas NHL Jerseys 2020 .com) - The Ottawa Senators will try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they face the Chicago Blackhawks who are trying to secure their place in the post-season. Nike NFL Jerseys 2020 . Granada defender Diego Mainz barged into the back of Villa to send the Spain striker to the ground inside the area and Costa stepped up to the spot to score his 12th league goal in the 38th minute. Costa showed no effects of the news that his Brazilian citizenship may be revoked after he elected to play for Spains national team, as the forward was a constant threat for Atletico and forced several saves from goalkeeper Roberto.TAMPA, Fla. -- Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston has no plans to stop being a two-sport man. "Im just 20-years old," Winston said Tuesday after Florida State lost 8-3 in the New York Yankees spring training opener. "This is my life, man. I want to play both as long as I can. I love both of them. Ive got a strong passion for both." Florida States quarterback in the fall, Winston went 0 for 2 in the Seminoles exhibition game against the Yankees. He grounded out to second base while facing Shane Greene in the sixth and struck out looking on a full-count pitch from Bryan Mitchell two innings later. "Obviously, hes a great talent," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I guess he had a football injury in the championship game which kept him from hitting for a while. But hes just starting to pick up the bat again. I guess he had torn a ligament in his left index finger." Winston has made three scoreless appearances as a closer this season but didnt get a chance to pitch against his favourite baseball team. Seminoles coach Mike Martin said Winstons arm was a little tender after his outing Saturday. "There were really not any plans for him to pitch," Martin said. "Not throwing today gives him SSunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday off before he pitches again.dddddddddddd. We felt that would be the best way to approach it." Florida State plays Miami on Friday. Winston played in the field twice previously this year, getting a hit in his lone at-bat. Against Greene, the 6- foot-4, 230-pound sophomore got a big cheer from the announced crowd of 7,708 at Steinbrenner Field after shattering his bat on foul grounder. "The favourite part of the day was just being out here," Winston said. "Being around a bunch of big league guys, and they proved it. They beat us." Winston talked with his favourite player, Derek Jeter, calling the meeting "surreal." Winston said playing for the Yankees "would be a dream come true." "I guess it feels like when I talk to little kids, how they feel sometimes," Winston said. "Theyre speechless, and thats how I was with Jeter." Winston led the Florida State football team to the national championship in a 34-31 victory over Auburn on Jan. 6. "Im focusing on getting our guys to the College World Series," he said. "Its very important to those guys in that clubhouse, and its very important to the coaches." ' ' '
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość

Wysłany: Sro Lis 20, 2019 04:39
Reklama

Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu