Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna
Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna Zaloguj Rejestracja FAQ Szukaj

Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna » Koncerty » GM George McPhee will be asking disgruntled forward Martin
Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat 
GM George McPhee will be asking disgruntled forward Martin
PostWysłany: Pon Lis 18, 2019 06:10 Odpowiedz z cytatem
ruogu1234
Sufler
Sufler

VANCOUVER -- Losing some of its top executives leaves Hockey Canada with some big skates to fill. But Canada has the depth of talent to remain a winner on the international stage, says the man who coached the mens team to back-to-back Olympic gold medals. "I am really confident," Detroit Red Wing coach Mike Babcock said Monday. "The group at Hockey Canada have done great things and have lots of different people. "Thats part of it. Different people get opportunities. They grow from it and they move on. A new group will get an opportunity and thats great." Steve Yzerman, Team Canadas executive director at the last two Winter Olympics, has already said he will not lead the team at the 2018 Games at Pyeongchang, South Korea. Bob Nicholson, who spent 16 years as president and chief executive officer of Hockey Canada, stepped down in May to take a job overseeing business operations for the Edmonton Oilers of the NHL. Under Nicholson, Canadian hockey teams won seven Olympic gold medals. Brad Pascall, Hockey Canadas vice-president of hockey operations and national teams, has joined the NHLs Calgary Flames as an assistant general manager. Yzerman said Nickolson always stressed that Hockey Canadas role was to develop people for the next level. "Not only for players, but also for coaches, for managers, for all people," said Yzerman, the former Detroit star who is now general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning. "I think Bobs great legacy at Hockey Canada is the structure he set up and the mentality of what we are trying to do in Canada with hockey. Great people will fill those shoes. With Bob Nicholson, those are big skates to fill. But I have no doubt there are tremendous people in this country with a passion and drive. The program will continue to succeed." Babcock and Yzerman were in Vancouver as part of the Hockey Canada Foundation Celebrity Classic. A Monday night gala paid tribute to the 2014 Order of Hockey Canada honourees coach Clare Drake, player France St-Louis and Yzerman. Also attending were members of the Olympic champion mens team, the womens team that won gold at the Sochi Olympics in Russia and the team that won the womens under-18 championship in Budapest. Babcock said Canada can be proud of its Olympic success but must continue to work hard if the country hopes to remain on top of the podium in four years. "You take a lot of pride in being the best," he said. "In order to be the best you have to find the best to win. "Were going to have to continue to grow our game over the next four years. If you want to have success at the next Olympics, 2014s effort wont be good enough to win the next one. We have to keep getting better." The NHL hasnt committed to sending its players to the 2018 Games. Among the leagues concerns are a 12-hour difference between Pyeongchang and the Eastern Time Zone, taking a break in the middle of the regular season, and the danger of players being injured. Sidney Crosby, the Canadas captain in Sochi, understands the problems but still thinks the Olympics are worth the effort. "I go back to my two experiences," said Crosby, who scored the Olympic winning goal in overtime in 2010 in Vancouver. "They were pretty good. "To think of all the things that had to happen to make them work, especially in Russia, it would be a similar case, maybe even a little more difficult the next one. Like I said, representing your country and to have those opportunities, I dont think that ever gets old, no matter what the situation. As a player, you want to be part of that." As a possible alternative to the Olympics, the NHL is discussing with the NHL Players Association about holding a World Cup of Hockey tournament in 2016. Yzerman said a World Cup has the potential to gain the same prestige as an Olympics. "It will take some time," he said. "The Olympics have been around for a long time on the world stage. If done right, I can see it being really successful." Babcock said the Olympics "are so special" because they are watched by people who are not even hockey fans. "My mom never watches sports but she watches the Olympics Games," he said. "People who are not interested in sport still follow it. "I think its the greatest opportunity, best-on-best, to celebrate the sport. Its something you want to be part of and you want other people to be part of. Its a thrill of a lifetime." All three people named to the Order of Hockey in Canada were recognized for their contributions to the game. Yzerman played 22 seasons in the NHL and played for Team Canada eight times, including at two Winter Olympics. As a member of Canadas national womens team St-Louis won five world championships and a silver medal at the 1998 Olympics. In 28 seasons as head coach of the University of Alberta Golden Bears Drake led his teams to six national championships and 17 Canada West titles. Babcock compared Drake to legendary NCAA basketball coach John Wooden. "He is one of the builders of hockey in Canada," said Babcock. "Clare is a gentleman who shared everything he had. He tried to make us all better. "He led the way so guys like myself, who werent NHL players, could one day coach in the NHL." Nike Tn Pas Cher Site Fiable . The 22-year-old slugger, who is no stranger to adversity, made up for it at the end. Fausse Vapormax Noir .com) - Nate Buss 3-pointer with 5. http://www.outletairmaxpascher.fr/fausse-vapormax-plus.html . This week, topics cover the Blue Jays rotation, the futures John Gibbons and Alex Anthopoulos, protecting pitchers and a bonus question on his predictions for the MLB playoffs. Air Max 97 Off White Pas Cher Femme . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. Vapormax Plus Noir Pas Cher . The actual winners on transfer deadline day are those clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City who were well prepared and managed to get their main incoming business done well ahead of the transfer window closing. Tottenham were able to add seven players by spending over 100 million pounds and also ensured maximum return for the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid by managing the move superbly.The countdown to the Mar. 5 Trade Deadline is on. As NHL teams return to business and teams decide on whether to buy or sell, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. On The Mark(ov)? According to Tony Marinaro of TSN Radio 690, the Montreal Canadiens have offered a one-year, $6 million contract to defenceman Andrei Markov. Marinaro adds that Markov, an unrestricted free agent at seasons end, is seeking a three-year deal while general manager Marc Bergevin wants to go one year at a time. Leafs Looking? TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger told TSN Radio 1050 on Tuesday that Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis is rumoured to be looking for a top four defenceman. Dreger reports that The Maple Leafs are only interested in hockey moves and would probably prefer to stay away from a rental player. Dreger adds theres still the possibility that a Jake Gardiner type of trade occurs - but only if the rate of return is acceptable. Nothing Too Big As Mike Zeisberger of The Toronto Sun adds, Nonis is not looking at making a splash ahead of the Mar. 5 trade deadline. "I dont anticipate us making any major moves," Nonis told The Sun. "And I definitely dont see us getting involved in a rent-a-player transaction that sees us move resources for someone we only have for a handful of weeks." Nonis added that while hes not closing the door completely on a major deal, it would have to be one thats too good to pass up. "Youre always looking to get better," he said. ";But it has to be a hockey deal.dddddddddddd It has to make sense long term while helping us now as well." Another Flame On The Block? With pending UFAs Michael Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak already mentioned on the block, Scott Cruickshank of The Calgary Herald says the Flames would like to deal Shane OBrien. The veteran blueliner has a $2 million cap hit tha runs through next season. Blue line help in Philly? Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com writes that the Philadelphia Flyers will need an impact defenceman if they want to make the playoffs, thinking that a player like Andrew MacDonald of the New York Islanders, Winnipeg Jets blueliner Dustin Byfuglien, Nick Schultz of the Oilers, Calgarys Dennis Wideman and Dallas Stars defenceman Trevor Daley could be a fit. Waiting On Erat Washington Capitals GM George McPhee will be asking disgruntled forward Martin Erat again if he wants to be traded. "I dont think thats going to change," McPhee told Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com. "Ill talk to him when he gets back and if he still wants to be traded, well try to accommodate him. "Its been a difficult year with transactions. Had this been a typical year we might have been able to move him within weeks of his request, but that wasnt the case this year." (The Other) Subban in Play? With Bostons goaltending set with Tuukka Rask for years to come, Stephen Harris of The Boston Herald thinks prospect Malcolm Subban could be, a very valuable chip in a possible trade if he can land a player which helps the Bruins win the Stanley Cup again. ' ' '
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość

Wysłany: Pon Lis 18, 2019 06:10
Reklama

Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu