Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna
Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna Zaloguj Rejestracja FAQ Szukaj

Forum POLSKIE FORUM FANÓW VITASA Strona Główna » Konfrontacje z Vitasem » Jankovic hit a backhand
Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat 
Jankovic hit a backhand
PostWysłany: Sro Paź 30, 2019 06:17 Odpowiedz z cytatem
ruogu1234
Sufler
Sufler

Peoria, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Back in the Top-25 after a short absence, the 23rd-ranked Northern Iowa Panthers continue their run through the Missouri Valley Conference, as they close out a two-game road trip with Tuesdays showdown against the Bradley Braves at Carver Arena. Ben Jacobsons Panthers opened the season with nine straight wins and forged their way into the national polls as a result of a strong start. The team dropped its first game at VCU (93-87 2OT) back on Dec. 13 and then fell out of the poll with a New Years Day loss at Evansville (52-49). However, UNI has won three games since then and is coming off a 64-40 rout of Drake last Saturday. Geno Fords Braves have struggled this season and come into this contest with a mere 6-11 overall record. The struggles have carried over to league play as well, where Bradley sits at just 1-3 following back-to-back losses to powerhouse Wichita State (63-43) and most recently, Evansville (66-56). Still, all six of Bradleys wins have come at Carver Arena this season. Bradley holds a 28-24 series advantage over Northern Iowa, but the Panthers have closed the gap with wins in eight of the last 10 meetings. Strong defensive play is what fuels the Panthers attack this season. Northern Iowa ranks first in the MVC in both scoring defense (55.4 ppg) and field-goal percentage defense (.385). The scoring defense is even more impressive in league play where UNI is limiting opponents to a meager 47.4 ppg. Offensively, the team puts up a modest 66.2 ppg, but it comes on a highly efficient .485 shooting. Senior forward Seth Tuttle has been a picture of consistency, converting 63.5 percent from the floor, while topping the team in scoring (14.4 ppg), rebounding (5.9 rpg) and assists (3.1 apg). Junior guard Wes Washpun (10.1 ppg) is the only other Panther with a double-digit scoring average. The Panthers used a 32-2 run spanning the end of the first half into the second half and effectively put the game out of reach against Drake last time out. Sophomore Jeremy Morgan led the way with 15 points. Senior Deon Mitchell tied his season-high with 14 points and Tuttle finished with 12 points and four assists in the win. Evansville was simply the more efficient squad last time out against Bradley as the Purple Aces shot a sizzling .533 from the floor compared to a mere .321 effort for the Braves in what turned into a 10-point loss for Bradley. Omari Grier came off the bench to lead the Braves in scoring with 15 points. Tramique Sutherland added 12 points and Josh Cunningham just missed a double- double with 10 points and nine rebounds in the setback. Offensive proficiency has been something the struggling Braves have lacked all season long. The team enters this contest averaging just 58.1 ppg, while shooting a lackluster .379 from the field. Some of that has to do with the loss of leading scorer Warren Jones (13.7 ppg) to a fractured foot. Jones has played in just nine games this season and has missed the last eight. Sutherland (12.5 ppg), Auston Barnes (10.8 ppg) and Grier (9.8 ppg) have tried to fill the void. A 2014 NJCAA All-American, Sutherland missed the first nine games this season with a fractured finger, but has made up for lost time since returning to the court. New England Patriots Store . A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published Friday said that FIFAs disputes panel and the Court of Arbitration for Sport correctly imposed the sanction for Nantes enticing Guinea forward Ismael Bangoura to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012. New England Patriots Pro Shop . Granlund scored 2:04 into the first period. Max Reinhart, on his first NHL shift of the season, neatly stripped the puck from Zack Smith at the Senators blue-line. As he moved in, his attempted shot deflected into the slot where Granlund buried a shot past Craig Anderson. https://www.patriotsjerseysale.com/ . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face. New England Patriots Shirts . FIFA said in a statement Friday that "several racist and discriminatory incidents were apparently perpetrated by local supporters during the match, in particular by displaying neo-Nazi banners and by making monkey noises and gestures as well as Nazi salutes. Cheap Patriots Jerseys . Jones, from Winnipeg, built a 3-0 advantage after three ends by scoring two in the second and one in the third. Chinas skip Bingyu Wang cut that lead to 3-1 in the fourth before Canada added another three in the fifth for a 6-1 lead.ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Top-ranked Serena Williams advanced to the semifinals of the WTA Championships by sweeping past Petra Kvitova 6-2, 6-3 on Thursday. Williams, the defending champion, won all three matches in her group without dropping a set. Shes bidding for her fourth title in the elite, eight-women tournament. Earlier, Li Na outlasted Jelena Jankovic 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 for her second victory in two matches and eight-seeded Angelique Kerber upset No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska 6-2, 6-2 to remain in contention for the semifinals. Radwanska was eliminated. Kerber went 0-3 last year in the tournament and this was her first win in the event. She will play Kvitova on Friday for a slot in the last four. Williams needed to win only a set to qualify and she breezed through the first despite fighting off three break points in the very first game. She quickly warmed up to overwhelm the fifth-seeded Kvitova, who won Wimbledon and the WTA title in 2011. Kvitova had to withdraw last year because of injury. "Something told me to hold serve in that game, and Im glad I did," Williams said. "Could have definitely changed things. I could still be out there. I really just dug deep and tried to hold. "When I play top players or a Grand Slam winner, such as Kvitova who has such a dangerous game, youve got to go in there knowing that anything can happen, and I have to be really focused." Williams did not stop after the first set and broke serve again for a decisive 3-1 lead in the second. Williams set up a match point with a service winner and won when Kvitovas return sailed into the net. She finished with 11 aces. "I think her serve is really big, so I knew I wanted to hold. I served well," said Williams, who has never lost to Kvitova in five matches. Williams, 32, is enjoying the finest season in her career, having already won 10 titles. She added the French Open and U.S. Open titles to bring her Grand Sllam record to 17 championships and is 76-4 for the year.dddddddddddd Making her eighth appearance in the event, Williams is looking to become the first player to successfully defend the title since Justine Henin in 2007. Henin was also the last to win 10 titles in a season, in 2007. Williams has clinched the year-end No. 1 ranking for the third time in her career after 2002 and 2009. The key to Lis victory in an error-filled match full of long rallies was her break of serve in the third set for a 4-3 lead. She never looked behind again, winning the last three games. Jankovic hit a backhand into the net on Lis second match point. The fourth-seeded Li has a 2-0 record in the White Group and looks likely to advance to the semifinals for the first time. Seventh-seeded Jankovic is 1-1. Jankovic is back in the tournament for the first time in three years. The two of them and Victoria Azarenka are vying to make the semis. "It was tight, yeah, but at least its better than the last two years," said Li, who won only once in 2011 and 2012. She was pleased to add she had one foot in the semis but her other foot was "still out of the door." Kerber is 1-1 in the Red Group. Radwanska fell to 0-3. "Im feeling good," Kerber said. "I was really playing very well today ... I was focused from the first point." Li holds a 6-4 career edge over her Serbian friend, but she had to work hard for her win. Both players were inconsistent and error-prone. Li had 45 unforced errors and 21 winners, Jankovic 36 unforced errors and 17 winners. "We had a great fight," Jankovic said. "In the third set it was just a couple of points. I got broken in that (seventh) game. She lobbed me, and the ball went on the line." Li followed the lob with a crisp backhand winner to take the game. "They were the crucial points at that stage and made a difference," Jankovic said. ' ' '
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość

Wysłany: Sro Paź 30, 2019 06:17
Reklama

Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu